Here are some warm and comfy recipes to try using our SIW tomato sauce for those of you who stocked up!
Italian Beef Tortellini Soup
1. Heat a large stock pot or dutch oven to medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and brown, breaking into small crumbles. Remove from pot and discard any liquid
2. Add olive oil to the pot and reduce heat to medium. Add onion, carrot, and celery. Sautee until tender, about 12-15 minutes.
3. Add SIW tomato sauce and broth to the pot and heat through. Return beef to the pot, along with the tortellini.
4. Serve immediately, with a teaspoon of parmesan cheese on top.
Spaghetti with Bolognese Sauce
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar SIW tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream or milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, carrot, celery, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the SIW tomato sauce and Italian seasoning: bring to a boil. Stir in cream and parsley. Reduce hear; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add to sauce and toss. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Classic Stuffed Peppers
- 1½ cups SIW tomato sauce
- 6 bell peppers (any colors will do)
- 1 lb 4oz of ground beef
- 1 sweet onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup shredded Jack cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Pour SIW tomato sauce into the base of a medium-size oven-safe skillet.
2. Trim a little bit from the base of each pepper so it sits flat. Cut the top off each pepper; remove and discard the ribs and seeds.
3.In a medium bowl, mix the beef with the onion, garlic, rice, paprika, oregano, mustard, parsley, salt and pepper to combine.
4. Stuff the meat mixture into each pepper, filling almost to the rim. Transfer the peppers to the prepared skillet, standing them on top of the sauce.
5. Garnish each pepper with 1½ tablespoons cheese. Bake until the peppers are tender and the meat is fully cooked, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately, with a scoop of sauce.