Sunday, June 16, 2013

Best Zucchini Bread Recipe Ever - getting psyched for zucchini!


Dare I say it? Of the countless zucchini breads I've tried, of the dozens of recipes I've made- this is my favorite. There, I said it! I got it from one of my closest friends. She got it from her gramma who--enough with the boring details. On with the bread!

Bonus: no oil in the recipe (zucchini offers plenty of moisture)! But the trade off is sugar. Sort of lots of it. I think of this almost like a cake. In that I try to eat it on special occasions as a treat, but then I sneak it for breakfast. ~Vanessa

You will need:
bundt pan + butter/oil spray and cocoa powder to grease and "flour" the pan
3 eggs
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 heaping cups grated zucchini (I use a good ole box grater)
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 cups flour, added one cup at a time
1 cup nuts, chopped (I love walnuts here)
1 cup or more chocolate chips (choc. chunks are even better)
a handful of dried cherries, cranberries or raisins if you want 'em

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Start with the eggs. Beat them until foamy. Then add your ingredients in the order of the above list, stirring as you go. Add the flour one cup at a time and make sure everything is well incorporated. Pour into your greased and cocoa-ed bundt pan and bake 45min-1hour. Test with a skewer to make sure it comes out clean. Then you're good to go! Relax for 5 minutes and invert the pan on a rack to cool further. Don't burn yourself on that first slice you're gonna sneak before it's sufficiently cool! 


No comments:

Post a Comment